Healing Trauma Workshop Resources
As you continue on your healing journey, here are a handful of resources our team has found helpful.
Resources On Trauma
- What Happened To You? Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing | By Oprah Winfrey, Bruce D. Perry
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma | By Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.
- Why Won’t You Apologize: Healing Big Betrayals and Everyday Hurts | By Harriet Lerner, PhD.
- No Bad Parts: Healing Trauma and Restoring Wholeness with the Internal Family Systems Model | By Richard Schwartz, PhD.
- My Grandmother’s Hands: Racialized Trauma and the Pathway to Mending Our Hearts and Bodies | By Rsemaa Menakem
- The Post-Traumatic Growth Workbook: Practical Mind-Body Tools to Heal Trauma, Foster Resilience, and Awaken Your Potential | By Arielle Schwartz, PhD.
- Trauma and the Unbound Body: The Healing Power of Fundamental Consciousness | By Judith Blackstone, PhD
- Becoming Safely Embodied: A Guide to Organize Your Mind, Body, and Heart to Feel Secure in the World | By Dierdre Fay, MSW
- Tapping In: A Step-by-Step Guide to Activating Your Healing Resources Through Bilateral Stimulation | By Laurel Parnell
- Living Centered in a Chaotic World featuring Mike McHargue
- Living Centered in the Face of Trauma featuring Cindy Westcott
- Living Centered and Rightsizing Our Trauma featuring Carlos Martinez
- Living Centered While Acknowledging Our Painful Past featuring Dr. Dan Allender and Cathy Loerezel
- Living Centered and Exploring the Polyvagal Theory featuring Kathleen Murphy
Resources On Recovery and 12-Step Programs
- Trauma and the 12 Steps, Revised and Expanded: An Inclusive Guide to Enhancing Recovery | By Jamie Marich, PhD
- The Booze Battle | By Ruth Maxwell
- In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction | By MD Gabor Maté and Peter A. Levine Ph.D
- I’ll Quit Tomorrow | By Vern Johnson
- Alcoholics Anonymous: The Big Book | By Anonymous
- Adult Children of Alcoholics | By Janet G. Woititz
- It Will Never Happen to Me | By Claudia Black
- Healing the Shame that Binds You & The Family | By John Bradshaw
- Adult Children: Alcoholic / Dysfunctional Families | By ACA WSO
- Living Centered and Finding Recovery as a Family featuring Leith McHugh
- Living Centered in Recovery featuring Amanda Eilola
- Living Centered in a Recovery featuring Christopher O’Reilly and Kathleen Murphy
- Living Centered As An Adult Child featuring Andrea Ashley