From the Onsite Kitchen
This fluffy and light Tomato Tartlet has quickly become a favorite from the Onsite kitchen. Try this dish for breakfast paid with a fried egg, or for lunch accompanied by some fresh arugula.
YIELD: 1 SERVING
- 1 4×4 inch puff pastry 1 egg – lightly beaten 2 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2 oz shredded mozzarella 1 tsp aged sherry vinegar
- 1 sprigs of thyme
- 4-5 slices heirloom tomato
- 1 tsp reduced balsamic vinegar 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly brush puff pastry with beaten egg, ensuring total coverage.
- Mix ricotta, mozzarella and sherry vinegar together until well combined. Add thyme leaves to the cheese mixture and stir to incorporate.
- Place cheese into the center of the pastry.
- Place sliced tomatoes on top of the cheese, making sure to leave 1/4 inch border all the way around the pastry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Find this and more recipes in The Onsite Journal Volume II.